There are many landmarks within the Turks and Caicos Islands. These maybe buildings, graveyards, rock carvings, sites inhabited by the Lucayans or shipwrecks.
Here you will find subsections of some of these landmarks.
Below are links to other landmarks mentioned in other sections:
- Molasses Reef Shipwreck
- Trouvadore Slave Ship (under Projects)
- Sapodilla Hill (under Projects)
- Colonel Murray’s Hill (under Space Race)
- Wades Green (under Slavery)
- Cheshire Hall (under Slavery)
- Grand Turk Lighthouse
This postcard shows a view of the old Grand Turk lighthouse around 1900. The specially manufactured Fresnel lens (below) was state-of-the-art when it was installed.